[3830] CQ160 CW ES5Q(@ES5TV) Multi-Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Jan 31 01:50:55 EST 2003

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: ES5Q
Operator(s): ES5TV,ES5RY,ES5MC,ES5QX
Station: ES5TV

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Jogeva

Total:  QSOs = 816  State/Prov = 8  Countries = 72  Total Score = 352,880

Club: Tartu Contest Team

Comments:

Used 2 sloping dipoles from 40m high tower to US and JA. Also 2 beverages to US
and JA. TX/RX: FT1000MP + ACOM2000A.

We should have had some better antenna for EU. We were not very loud to South
obviously as it was difficult to keep the frequency and we could not hear some
of the Southern mults at all - no IS0, EA8, SV5 not talking abt ZS. Were lucky
being called by SY8A.

Worked 13 JAs, 12 of them on Sunday. Only 11 Ks and 3 VEs - 12 of them on Sunday
also. (AA1K, K1TTT, KC1XX, W1ECT, W2GD, WE3C, K1KI, K3WW, KT1V, W1FJ, W3BGN,
VE1ZJ, VE1ZZ, VY2ZM). Called W8JI without any reaction for 20 minutes:)

Other good DX:A61AR, A92ZE, CT3FN, D4B, FM5GU, FY5KE, JT1CO, JY9QJ, KV4FZ,
OD5/OK1MU (took some 1-2 hours in total after finally getting an answer:), PJ2X,
PY2FUS, PR0F, UK7AW, AX6HD, VK6VZ, VU2BGS, ZL6QH, ZC4DW.

Will try to improve antennas for SSB. CU and 73
tonno
es5tv