[3830] IARU K4ZW SO Mixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 13 08:07:10 EDT 2003

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: K4ZW
Operator(s): K4ZW
Station: K4ZW

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: VA

  160:     4     3      5
   80:    51    28     24
   40:   429    64     49
   20:   694   372     70
   15:   184    88     47
   10:     5     8      8
---------------------------
Total:  1367   563    203  Total Score = 1,366,596

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

My first serious contest effort since the snowfest at W3LPL's in February (ARRL
CW).  Not much to add to the comments about conditions (they pretty much stunk).
 Caught a nice opening to Asia on 20 CW the last 1.5 hours.  A good run of JA's
along with VR2, HL's, 4F, etc.
  Knock on wood I usually have little or no equipment failures.  This time I
wasn't so lucky.  I lost the run amp about 2:30 AM.  Something started arching
inside and that was all she wrote.  Not a big deal as I just run the second
radio with an amp.
  The Washington DC contest scene is a little more competitive now with K3EST
operating just up the road from here.  Glad to have you around Bob!

73
Ken K4ZW