[3830] IARU NM6E SO Mixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 13 22:43:54 EDT 2003

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: NM6E
Operator(s): NM6E
Station: NM6E

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH:

  160:
   80:           1      1
   40:   19     83      8
   20:  136    214     36
   15:           3      2
   10:    3      5      5
---------------------------
Total:  158    306     52  Total Score = 66,144

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

With the XYL out of the country with our first child for 3 weeks visitng family,
this was my chance to play radio for 24 hours with no interruptions.

Unfortunately, the conditions made it hard to stick with the plan and the heat
wave outside combined with the heat in the shack definitely had something to do
with my scoring and motivation!

At least I verified that everything still works fine and I ran into a few
friends on the air that I hadn't talked with in over 10 years. That made the
weekend effort worth every penny, working old friends in a contest!

No sense in repeating what's already been said about condx, BUT on Saturday
evening, the bands opened up quite nicely compared to Saturday morning. I had a
run of EU's and worked many of the HQ stations.. It was easy, no waiting in line
to work them.  As others who stayed up late stated, I also had a nice run of
JA's on 20m in the late evening.

I only put in about 7 hours and managed to work a few NCCC members on SSB and
CW.

I was surprised on 10m, I jumped up to check things out as most of the action
was on 20m.  On 10m, I made a few SSB and a few CW contacts. There was an
"actual" opening on 10m for a short time!

Over all, it was fun to play around in this contest in prepration for the
upcoming fall contests. The IARU contest definitely help keeps the rythm going
when you have nothing else to do.

Javier