[3830] NAQP RTTY N7ON Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 20 12:21:15 EDT 2003

                    North American QSO Party, RTTY

Call: N7ON
Operator(s): N7ON
Station: N7ON

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Nevada
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:   0      0
   40:   5      2
   20:  63     36
   15:   3      3
   10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  71     41  Total Score = 2,911

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Very limited operating time.  Passing out the mult 71 times is better than none
at all.

Scott, VO1OP:  I heard you once!  20m, late in the day, weak.

Mike, K4GMH:  no hear here!  Can't believe I never ran across you (as I drop my
head in shame because I never checked 10m.....).

Two 40m wire antennas.  With one I'm heard fairly well but discovered my RTTY
computer doesn't like it;  with the other, my sig is horrible but there's no
interference with MMTTY.  Hmmm, where did I put those ferrites.....

Don't believe K5RC was on, don't know if other NV stations were active.

NV hints for the upcoming season:  first of all, if you want "loud," don't look
for me--try the big guns.  However, I'll do my best to pass out the mult from my
stealth station.  An easy-up, easy-down 20m vertical has improved my 20m sig, so
outside 6/7-land, check 20m.  If I'm not S & P, I like to CQ in the high .070's
or between .100 and .108 on 20m.  80m:  decent sig to 6/7 land, and I love to
run on that band.

Thanks to N7TR, K6GNX, and K5RC for offering their stations to me during
contests.  I've op'd from N7TR's, and will take up the invitation from Bill and
Tom one of these days.

In closing, here's an idea for everyone. I'm a mult nut.  For example, working a
sweep is a great goal for a small station.  But have you ever been working
Sweepstakes late Saturday evening searching for a rare section, such as MT, for
your last 7-land mult?  I'm going to start hammering small-station DXers I know
in MT, ID, EWA, etc. to get on the air during contests to pass out their
states/sections.  Question for East Coasters:  have any small station DX friends
in VT, SC, DE, etc.?

73,

John, N7ON