[3830] IARU ZL6A Headquarters LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jul 21 05:36:39 EDT 2003

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: ZL6A
Operator(s): ZL2BR ZL1BHQ
Station: ZL6A

Class: Headquarters LP
QTH: New Zealand
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    0     0       0
   80:    0     0       0
   40:  153     0      29
   20:  286     0      50
   15:  142     0      39
   10:   14     0       4
---------------------------
Total:  590     0     122  Total Score = 324,276

Club:

Team:

Comments:

Kia Ora!

A couple of us decided it was time to put ZL6A back on the air in this contest
after an absence of 6 years. Modest station set-ups and power levels meant we
had to work hard. About 21 combined hours operating. Sorry no SSB we are both CW
ops, and no one asked us for a SSB contact!

Next year we will be back with hopefully more operators, stations and power.But
the rules of this contest and our location in the South Pacific Ocean means we
will never be a serious threat to the little HQ pistols in Europe never mind the
big cannons.

The suggestion that HQ stations should not be allowed to work stations in their
own country, (we worked 3 ZL's), sounds goog to us, not even in their own
continent would be even better!