[3830] CQWW VHF K1TEO SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jul 21 07:23:39 EDT 2003

                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: K1TEO
Operator(s): K1TEO
Station: K1TEO

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: FN31/CT

    6:  288   121
Total:  384   152  Total Score = 72,960

Promised the family I'd only operate when there were interesting condx. With the
UHF test and 10 ghz in the next few weeks needed to save up some brownie points.
Took the family out to dinner Saturday night and got 8 hours of sleep - a little
different than the usual contest, hi! I'd say 6 of my 7 hours on met the condx
criteria - I snuck in a little time on 2 to work some locals too! Missed the
first 35 minutes which were likely pretty good condx as my first half hour on 6
was really hot. Only operated aboout 1.5 hours on Sunday; none after about noon
local.

Basically this is a 6 meter contest so with 6 quite good there was lot's of
activity. For the last few years of the revived contest 2 has seen little
activity here in the NE. Band hasn't been too good during those years so it
would be interesting to see what would happen with some enhancement. I do like
the format of not needing to run around the bands so I think Gene's (W3ZZ) idea
continues to be a winner. Helps when 6 cooperates as it did this year to make it
interesting. Worked 4 new grids on 6 and 2 new countries (IS and V3). About 15
qso's on Au Saturday evening too. Tnx to W1XX and CQ for sponsoring the contest.