[3830] ARRL June VHF N3RA Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 15 19:49:22 EDT 2003

                    ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: N3RA
Operator(s): N3RA
Station: N3RA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EN90

    6:  14     13
    2:   6      6
  222:
  432:   2      2
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  22     21  Total Score = 504

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

FT-100D into 6m dipole with very lossy feedline (Saturday) and tri-band Quad at
13' on Sunday.  Quad is 4' boom, 2 el on 6, 4 el on 2 and 8 el on 432.  Wish it
were higher, but rigged a ladder up just to get it to 13'.  Strong arm rotor
worked FB.  Moved the FT-100D to the garage and worked a few folks from there
SUnday.  First Q's ever on 432 and first real Q's on 2.

It was cool hearing W2SZ/1 on 2m.  Could not ever raise them, but it was fun to
at least hear them.  Worked N2PA and K8GP on 3 bands.

Saturday 6m was very good hear, but with only the cruddy dipole, my Q's were
limited.  Did manage a Q with STX and LA on Saturday though.   Band never seemed
near as good Sunday, except for an opening to EL96 land on Sunday around 2330 Z.
 I had to run a couple errands at the time, but managed several Q's first.  Nice
to work VP9 for a new country.

Next time I hope to have this antenna up at least 30'.  Next year, should have
the new house and tower built and have real antennas on at least 6 through 432,
and maybe through 1296.  Hoping to build a good SOLP station in time.

VHF in a real fun time.  Brought back good memories of the W3GNR days of the
early 80's and the K3UA limited multi's in the mid 90's.

Happy Father's day to all you Dad's.