[3830] ANARTS ZL2BR SOST LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Jun 20 04:10:32 EDT 2003

                    ANARTS WW RTTY Contest

Call: ZL2BR
Operator(s): ZL2BR
Station: ZL2BR

Class: SOST LP
QTH:

   80:    2     34     1
   40:   44   1512    32
   20:  188   7480    64
   15:   85   2885    37
   10:    3     65     3
--------------------------
Total:  322  11936   137  Continents = 5  Total Score = 8,207,860

Kia ora,
Another challening and interesting contest.

Highs, lows and other things:
NA 20m/15m better than last year.10m great signal from W2NDP...but no other NA
copied - hard to figure out.
All EU zones 14/15/16 contacts down on last year.JA contacts - twice last years
total.

Still too many stations with big mouths and small ears around, strange how the
same old stations, a lot of them running low power and modest antenna set-ups
come back top me after my first call, but some strong signal S7/9 stations can
never seem to copy me no matter many times I call. Seems to be the same ones
every contest.

VK bonus points - best ever, more VK's active. 5-bander with KH6ND again.
Number of contacts and multipliers up on last year, contact points down a bit.
Missed out on an African contact - path did not open - haven't heard the ZS6DN
beacon for some months now. Kept a close watch on the packet spots, but when
CN8LI was spotted the freqs were empty here. Pity that EC8AUZ cannot operate on
20m.

Overall very enjoyable - thanks to Colin and ANARTS for organsing a contest that
evens things up a bit.

And now for your amusement, some trivia:
I got to thinking, wonder how many times in 29 hours I called CQ - so I
converted the MMTTY receive window text file to Excel file, did a sort, and this
is the result:

CQ calls - 2265
de ZL2BR calls - 774

I reckon my 322 contacts were about 50-50 running/s&p modes, which means that it
took 13.89 CQ calls to get a reply or 4.75 calls to someone else to get a
contact. Taking into account the time to send exchanges, repeats etc my total
transmit time came to around 7 hours out of 29 hours operating. Obviously I need
to do more transmitting in future contests, and less time listening!

73, Frank