[3830] IARU FD CW S58U/P Multi-Op Open LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Jun 20 11:11:38 EDT 2003

                    IARU Region 1 Field Day, CW

Call: S58U/P
Operator(s): S51VI, S53AU, S57LO, S58MU, S59AV
Station: S58U

Class: Multi-Op Open LP
QTH: Poljane

  160:   75      13
   80:   96      22
   40:  229      35
   20:  195      37
   15:  152      38
   10:   50      18
-----------------------
Total:  797     163  Total Score = 450,858

Club: Slovenia Contest Club

Comments:

REGION 1 FIELD DAY SUMMARY SHEET

         Contest Dates : 07-Jun-03, 08-Jun-03

         Callsign Used : S58U/P
              Operators: S51VI, S53AU, S57LO, S57XX, S58MU, S59AV

              Category : D/OB

      Default Exchange : 599 #

        Operating Time : 24 hrs

 Equipment description : YAESU FT-920, Pwr 100 W, PC
                         Kenwood TS-450 SAT, Pwr 100W, PC

      Logging software : N6TR LOGGING PROGRAM Version 6.70

              Antennas : 3 el. Tribander 14/21/28 @ 9m
                         GP Tribander 14/21/28 @ 7m
                         7 MHz Dipole @ 12m
                         3,5 MHz Inv vee @ 12m
                         1,8 MHz balloon supported vertical

       Power generator : Robin 2200 W

       Operating QTH/P : Poljane, 400 m ASL
                         JN65UM

                  Name : RADIOKLUB "PIRAN"
               Address : BELOKRISKA 56 A
        City/State/Zip : SI-6320 PORTOROZ
               Country : SLOVENIA

             Team/Club : RADIOKLUB "PIRAN"

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Countries

  160CW       75          75        278        13
   80CW       96          96        343        22
   40CW      231         229        768        35
   20CW      199         195        685        37
   15CW      156         152        528        38
   10CW       51          50        164        18

 Totals      808         797       2766       163

    Final Score = 450858 points.

 Soapbox Comments
 ________________

 The weather has been nice, but conditions on higher HF bands poor again,
similar
 to conditions during the 2002 Region 1 SSB FD. In such circumstances 7 MHz
 turned to be the best band. We enjoyed using 60 m long balloon supported
 vertical wire for 1,8 MHz. Occasionally we had troubles with the network
 connection between the computers due to RF, and the same QSO numbers have
been
 sent to different stations from time to time.
 At the same time, S50J and S53RA were active in the VHF & UHF ZRS contest,
 working with an IC-821 H and short Yagi antennas, not to achieve top-score
 results, but only to make the S58U callsign active on as many as possible ham
 bands.
 While operators on duty were busy with making contacts, others were busy with
 barbecue, arranged by S57RR for his stag party.
 We are most grateful to Ales, S56LPY, who let us operate from his ranch, and
 S50J, S52ID, S53RA, S56IAI, S56RSV, S57JEL, S57KV and S57RR, who helped us in
 setting up and dismantling the station.

 We have observed all competition rules as well as all regulations established
 for amateur radio in our country. Our report is correct and true to the best
 of our knowledge. We agree to be bound by the decisions of the Awards
Committee.

 Date: 20-Jun-03        Signed: Matjaz Bucinel - Matt        Call: S53AU