[3830] All Asia CW YU1WC SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jun 23 01:50:40 EDT 2003

                    All Asian DX Contest, CW

Call: YU1WC
Operator(s): YU1WC
Station: YU1WC

Class: SOAB LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    3     3
Total:  305   192  Total Score = 69,120

rig: FT 757 GX (100W)
antennas: 20/15/10: GP
          40/80: sloping doublet
          160: matched end fed halfwave

My first AA contest, and a very pleasant one! Worked mostly S&P, and a couple of
running sessions brought a bunch of weak but readable JA stations. Relatively
low EU participation resulted in low EU QRM, so I was able to pull out weak JA
signals (no CW filters, and antenna directivity nor gain here).

In my opinion, contests DO generate propagation! :) It was fun hanging around on
10m on Sunday, looking for openings and AS stations (and working a couple of JAs
eventually). 48 hours might be to much for this contest and 305 qsos, but gives
a plenty of time for other activities, and is also forgiving: I missed
(overslept) my lowband grayline on Saturday, but there was Sunday for a second
try... Thanks to AS stations for activity and good ears! 73, Fric YU1WC