[3830] ARRLDX SSB N5DX SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 3 21:16:43 EST 2003

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: N5DX
Operator(s): N5DX
Station: N5DX

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: AR

   15:  998   103
Total: 2306   395  Total Score = 2,732,610

Club: Ozarks Contest Club

Comments:

This contest was a new experience for me.  It was the first time to work a DX
contest single operator all bands, and also my first time to use SO2R.

It was a chore to change the station from Multi-Multi setup to single operator.
K5GO worked the entire week leading up to the contest to have everything in
operation by Friday.

Good propagation both days into Europe and Japan.  However, finding a clear run
frequency on 15 and 20 was very difficult.  I decided on Sunday to listen down
on both 15 and 20 meters.  This strategy seemed to work well.  I had a steady
stream of callers on 15 that I otherwise would have not been able to work.

Looking forward to the WPX contest to use the new call: NN5J.

73
Kevin/N5DX