[3830] ARRLDX SSB OH0Z(DL6LAU) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Mar 4 02:52:20 EST 2003

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: OH0Z
Operator(s): DL6LAU
Station: OH0Z

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:

  160:    1     1
Total: 2390   220  Total Score = 1,577,400

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

Thanks to Juha (OH1JT), Ari (OH5DX) and Jukka OH2AM) for letting me use their
fine station (see http://www.qsl.net/oh0z).
Special thanks to Juha who came with me and took care of everything beside
operating.
Technically I have seldom seen such a perfect SO2R station. It was a joy to
operate although conditions were 'a little bit' worse than expected - Aurora
really made it difficult on the low bands and 10m.
10m was only open to Texas and Florida with good signals but it was really tough
to all other places in the US. On Sunday I had a small run also to the east
coast but signals were abt. S 0.5. I once asked a guy who was real S1 copy what
he was running and he responded 6ele Monobander and a kw ...
Operating from 'this far north' really seems to be really challenging when
aurora is there nearly each day ...
There was some kind of 'over the pole' condition on 10m Sunday around 20Z -
W3LPL was 59+40dB and W3PP 59+20dB for at least half an hour but I think it did
not produced too many QSOs much for them.
Thanks for the stations who moved for me - really appreciated this.
Again I would really like to thank Juha, Ari and Jukka for having a blast at
their station.

Due to a small flu (and maybe the very low humidity) I nearly lost my voice on
Saturday evening. I wonder how you cope with this in SSB contests? Warm milk
with honey help me a little bit ...

Cu you again

Carsten, DL6LAU