[3830] Commonwealth VE3FU Restricted LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 9 18:23:59 EST 2003

                    RSGB Commonwealth Contest, CW

Call: VE3FU
Operator(s): VE3FU
Station: VE3FU

Class: Restricted LP
QTH:

Total:  367  Total Score = 5,035

BAND	Raw	Valid	Bonuses	Points	Bonus Points	Total Points

80CW	24	24	20	120	400	520
40CW	60	59	32	295	640	935
20CW	97	96	36	480	720	1200
15CW	144	141	36	705	720	1425
10CW	47	47	36	235	720	955

Totals	372	367	160	1835	3200	5035

Hour(Z)	QSOs

1000	16
1100	14
1200	53
1300	45
1400	45
1500	34

1800	36
1900	39

2200	24
2300	24

0200	22
0300	20

I'm not sure I picked the optimum hours top operate.  I think the last two hours
may have been better spent during the day when I had some rate going.  The
number of new stations to work were few during those two hours, but I did manage
to move a number of people between 40m and 80m to fill in some Bonus's, and a
few new Bonus's on 20m and 15m.

In the 5 years I've been entering the BERU (plus one or two as VO2AC about 15
years ago), I've never worked so many VK's and ZL's!  And the majority of them
moved to different bands when I asked - thanks!  I asked a lot of stations to
QSY this year.  Basically, if it was new, or I didn't have the 3 Bonus's, I
asked them to QSY.

I'm continually surprised at the stations that either call me or are easier to
work during the BERU.  This year's examples:  5Z4, 7Q7, VU2, 3B8.

Rig: TS-950 SD
80m: Inv-Vee @ 60'
40m: Wire 4-square
HF: Ex-14 @ 65'
4 x Beverages, NE, SE, SW, NW
Software:  CTJ by 9H1EL

I think I need to run more than 100W (especially on the low bands) if I want to
make a run for the top.  Still, my best score yet.

Thanks for all the QSOs!

Chris VE3FU / VO2AC