[3830] ARRLDX SSB MU2A(@GU3HFN) M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Mar 12 02:44:04 EST 2003

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: MU2A
Operator(s): 5B4WN(G0WWW0 AND 5B4AFM (M0BBB)
Station: GU3HFN

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Guernsey

   20: 1013    57
   15: 1481    59
Total: 3902   272  Total Score = 3,184,032

Our first ARRL DX from a DX site. Too bad about propagation. Very few big
pile-ups on this site and at times complete silence (despite stations from 3-4
differnt states coming back to say that we are 59+20). Strange!
40m was the most difficult band to get through. The wire delta loop made it
difficult to achieve much, kept changing frequencies to no avail.
80m was reasonable and 160m was great for about 30-40 minutes especially the
first night!

Biggest thanks to GU0SUP for allowing us to use the GARS shack and MU3EFB for
his IT help the last moment along with all the other Guernsey hams who made our
stay very pleasant.

Rig:
FT1000MP (thanks to 9M2/G4ZFE)
Alpha 91b (thanks to 9M2/G4ZFE)
TH6 (10-15-20)
Delta loop for 40m
Alpha delta sloper for 80m
Inv V for 160m

QSL via G4EOF

BTW congratulations to the TM5C for the excellent score!