[3830] Rus DX N9CO SO CW LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 17 05:34:48 EST 2003

                    Russian DX Contest

Call: N9CO
Operator(s): N9CO
Station: N9CO

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: Colorado

Total:  237    75  Total Score = 85,425

Club:

Team:

Comments:

Man, what a struggle.  Condx for DX were poor, and there wasn't enough domestic
activity to keep any kind of rate going.  Interesting contest with interesting
rules.  I've never operated the RDXC seriously before, so didn't know what to
expect.  I know now that I'll think again before attempting to operate it again
with a single 135' ladder-line fed dipole at 30' height!  My temporary "shack
away from home" that is setup in a friend's vacation home in the Greenhorn
Mountains near Rye, CO. works OK for domestic tests like NAQP, etc. but leaves
alot to be desired for DX'ing.

My trusty TS-930S (with PIEXX cpu board) performed flawlessly, yet again, and it
has occured to me that this rig is getting close to antique status.  Logging was
performed on a 1990 vintage 486 laptop running DOS 6.22 and TR v6.72.  Both
worked great.

Finally, thanks to everyone for the QSO's.