[3830] BARTG NO2T SO Expert HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Mar 19 08:50:54 EST 2003

                    BARTG Spring RTTY Contest

Call: NO2T
Operator(s): NO2T
Station: NO2T

Class: SO Expert HP
QTH: NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 29:30

   80:    8    8      7
   40:  102  102   36+2
   20:  380  380   74+3
   15:  145  145   50+1
   10:   75   75     38
------------------------
Total:  710  710    205  Total Score = 873,300

QSOs DX: Call Areas Co
80m:   8   2        5     0
40m: 102  21       15     2
20m: 380  55       19     3
15m: 145  40       10     1
10m:  75  26       12     0
-----------------------------
Total:710 144      61     6 + DP1POL
Total multipliers: 205
Score:  873300

Station Description: FT-1000 MK5 IC-781
Antenna(s): KT34XA used on 10 and 20, 4 el 15 , 2 el shorty 40, delta loop for
80
Operators: ME, Myself, and I

DP1POL was not included as a mult in the above listing. Too bad can't also claim
7 continents. HI HI.
Remarks: The first 15 hours was pretty bad. Never heard such weak and watery
signals even from stateside. Saturday afternoon and evenng condx got much
better. By 1400UTC rates hit 50 per hour. Not too good but representative of the
decline in the solar cycle. The 2100 UTC hour produced the highest QSO count of
the contest with 55 Q's. The 20 meter band was the work horse at this QTH. Maybe
it is the antenna. The KT34XA is at 60 feet while the 4 element 15 mono is at 35
feet. Wish we could put up a taller tower. Maybe someday. Had some chores to due
during the prime time about 2400 Saturday. So took a break which cost me some
important QSO's. Never could recover the rates from then on. 80 meters was very
poor. High noise level and never heard anybody.

	40 meters was not as populated as it has been in the past. Where was everybody!
Suprised to hear nobody below 7035! Also almost no one between 7080 and 7090. I
like to stay well below 7040 because the second harmonic limits listening on
14080-14085 (second harmonic). Hope for more use of 40 in the future contests.

	73 to all. Thanks for the QSO's. PS: My name on the air is "JERRY" and not
Gerald. HI HI!!

			Jerry NO2T