[3830] WPX SSB LN8W(LA5KO) SOSB80 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 31 05:31:25 EST 2003

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: LN8W
Operator(s): LA5KO
Station: LN8W

Class: SOSB80 HP
QTH: Rakkestad

Some of our best operators were gathered for a Multi/Single entry to set a new
LA record, but our CT version couldn't manage the serial numbers in the multi
station set-up. The numbers were all garbled up during the first minutes of the
contest, so we had to go on with a single station entry.  Guess if some good ops
went home disappointed ...
Since LA8W/LN8W members already held all Single Op High Power LA records except
80M and 160M, we decided I should go for the 80M record.  And I guess I made
it.
Conds were down. Nice visible Aurora when the contest started. VERY few DX heard
here up north. Lucky you guys further south ...
Fun for me, anyhow !!!
Equipment: 1kW + GP + Beverages. Antennas by LA7SL.
Thanks to everybody who gave us the points.
73 de Roy / LA5KO