[3830] NewEngQP N0HF M/S LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon May 5 14:00:27 EDT 2003

                    New England QSO Party

Call: N0HF
Operator(s): N0HF, AB0MV, AE0Q, WW1M
Station: N0HF

Class: M/S LP
QTH: Colorado

   80:
   40:     22        6
   20:     66       71
   15:     16        2
   10:
------------------------
Total:    104       79  Mults = 48  Total Score = 13,284

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Just a rough score at this point, I know of at least 2 counties we worked that
didn't show up as new ones within TRLOG.

Same crew here as last year, we had fun despite minor station trouble and line
noise that gave us trouble on the high bands.

Was NE activity down this year?  Maybe it was propogation, compared to last year
we fell short by quite a bit on 15 and 10m.  I heard W6YX running stations that
I could not hear.  Only worked all counties in CT only, (my homestate)
Missed one or two in MA, RI, NH.  Needed several in VT and ME.  The rarer
counties in VT and ME were once again provided by K1KI/M so thanks, Tom!
Nil on 80m due to Summer static crashes overpowering sigs. (nothing new here)

All said, it was a great chance to catch up on things with the crew, eat well,
and wish it were a DX contest, as I was being called more by Europeans looking
for my county than NEQP stations!  I gave out my county 57 times to the CQ CH
crowd.

Hope to meet some of you in Dayton.  '73 Dan NØHF  Boulder, CO

ps  I dedicate our score to the fallen "Old Man in the Mountain" in Franconia,
NH.  It was sad to hear such a New England landmark collapsed.