[3830] WPX CW LZ2BE SO(A)SB20 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed May 28 02:36:20 EDT 2003

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: LZ2BE
Operator(s): LZ2BE
Station: LZ2BE

Class: SO(A)SB20 HP
QTH: Razgrad

   20: 1338

WPX contests are always a big fun for me, but this time I had "fun" in
excess...
A thunderstorm started Saturday at noon - lot of lightnings, power shutdowns, I
couldn't hear anything from QRN, so I just turned off my radio. When I started
again few hours later I was surprised that there is no Internet. I called the
provider and the answer was: "Don't worry, this is just a power failure. I'm not
in town, but tomorrow afternoon I'll be back and it will be OK!" He did what he
promissed - Sun afternoon I had access again:)
Vlado, LZ2PL was not so lucky like me. He called me by phone Saturday afternoon
to tell me that his radio was damaged because of lightnings :((
Thanks to all who made QSO with me! 73 de Bob LZ2BE