[3830] WPX CW N3UM SO(TS)AB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu May 29 19:45:36 EDT 2003

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: N3UM
Operator(s): N3UM
Station: N3UM

Class: SO(TS)AB HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs):

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Propagation not so hot, especially on 15; 20 had to carry the load, so very
crowded, with lots of QRM and jostling for run frequencies, with a couple of
cases of outright hijacking by rarer-prefix DX stations.

Compared with last year, which was my best CW WPX ever, I had only 7 fewer QSOs
but many fewer QSO points, an average of 2.3 points/QSO this year vs 2.7 last
year: fewer DX QSOs, more USA, even with more high-point low-band QSOs in '03.

Propagation software said forget 10 meters except for SA, so I mostly worked LU,
PY, and a few other SA in my brief time there.  But - worked several EUs on 1o
via skew path/sidescatter with my beam south, very weak.