[3830] WPX CW IR2V(I2WIJ) SO(TS)SB40 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri May 30 07:50:12 EDT 2003

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: IR2V
Operator(s): I2WIJ
Station: I2WIJ

Class: SO(TS)SB40 LP
QTH: Milano

Club: Marconi Contest Club

Comments:

I had limited night-time to play into the contest,
so I choose to go for SB40 low power.
My IC775DSP at 100W and my windom antenna, 25mt above street level,
played well enough.
I opened the log with a fresh PR0F, from F.de Noronha,
just waiting for the start also, and that was
a very enjoyable event.
It never happened to me, to be #001 in some
BIG Gun contest log! (in fact I was his #002 hi!)
Big signals, the whole first night, with some
huge pileups, on the caribbeans,
and a really booming ZL6QH at my sunrise.
Never heard so loud ZL's on 40, into a wire antenna!
Just played some pieces on saturday evening and
missed the whole 2nd night. I went back into
contest late on sunday evening till the end.
I missed some USA bigs, K5ZD, K3ZO, K4BAI, to name
a few, but they went AllBand and 20 was also open.
(May I think they missed me...? hmmm)

I heard also some good Italian stations, doing well
enough. Good job Stefano IR2Y (IK2QEI) and Giovanni I2IFT.
Thanks for qso and mult!
Thanks to all who answered and to those who
called me when I tried to run.
Cu next one.

Continent/Country distribution:

AF(10)	Madeira Is.	5 How many CT3's were
        Canary Is.	1 there on the band??
	Cape Verde	1
	Egypt	        1
	South Africa	1