[3830] SS CW K0RF Multi-Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 3 06:59:18 EST 2003

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K0RF
Operator(s): W0UA K0RF
Station: K0RF

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: CO

Unlike last year, everything went right this time.  No computer crashes at
all!!!!  Used my old friend, CT, and it worked perfectly for us.

George was in vintage form with well over 100 q hours for the first 5.  We
worked very well as a team, like we should after 25 years of doing it.  It was a
ball!  We knew everything was going right when we took an off time on Sunday AM
and I came inside to check solar condx and saw that a major x-ray flux had just
occured 5 minutes earlier.  I went back out to check and the bands had totally
shut down.  Nobody was making qsos during our off time.  When we returned in an
hour, the bands were normal again.

Thanks for all the qsos and congrats to all of the fine operators that handled
my fast hunt and call cw on the first try.  Very few fills were needed.  Had to
send fast so George didn't lose his run qrg.

73,  George and Chuck