[3830] SS CW N2CU Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 3 08:28:54 EST 2003

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N2CU
Operator(s): N2CU
Station: N2CU

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: wny

Club: WNYDXA

Comments:

Started off well. Solar flare on Sunday had me thinking my radio's front end had
failed. Went outside to see that the tower didn't fall over or something. Good
time to take a break. Then, had to take my son to a hockey game and the coach
kept them longer than usual after it was over. Came home to find the bands in
good shape but couldn't get a full 24 hours in even if I stayed in front of the
radio for the duration. Lost enthusiasm big time from that point on. Couldn't
get any runs going (I know, QRP isn't supposed to be able to run) and got real
tired of tuning by the incessant CQ machines. Why do some guys refuse to believe
a high QRP QSO number? Had several question me on that. JUST LOG IT! Nabbed VE2
with 40 minutes left for #79 but never did hear NT, although I did change bands
often. Last year's nemesis, NL, was worked at least three times.

The bottom line is that it was worse than last year's effort so the Division QRP
record will once again stand until I try to break it next year.

FT1000MP @ 5W, TH6DXX @ 50', 40m dipole @ 35', 80m dipole @ 47', TR Log.