[3830] PaQP W3DYA Mobile LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 3 17:01:40 EST 2003

                    Pennsylvania QSO Party

Call: W3DYA
Operator(s): W3DYA
Station: W3DYA

Class: Mobile LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
   40:  403     0
   20:  338     0
   15:  129     0
   10:   16     0
    6:    0     0
    2:    0     0
--------------------
Total:  886     0  Mults = 108  Total Score = 157,432.0

Total includes:

Special Event Station Bonus (W3KWH):  2 x 200 = 400 points

Mobile county bonus:  29 counties x 500       = 13,500 points

With nearly half my QSOs on 40M, this still seems to be a local contest.  Thanks
to the DX and other stations who looked for me on 20, 15 and 10 meters.

I did not operate on 80M this year; changed my antenna arrangement and did not
have time to test 80M before arriving in PA.  Still using Hustler but added 18"
to mast length and mounted resonators horizontally instead of the more
traditional vertical arrangement.  Have no idea if it was better... but it
worked!

Still a fun contest but why not replace the serial number with RST?  Driving and
operating makes it hard to reset the keyer number following a busted exchange.
And resetting the number when returning to a county is not practical, so I just
started at one again rather than search backward in my log for the last number
used.

Now I'm waiting to see what that T-Shirt looks like!

73, Norm, W3DYA