[3830] SS CW N5DO Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 3 19:33:01 EST 2003

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N5DO
Operator(s): N5DO
Station: N5DO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WTX

Maybe it's just me, but having two major contests on back-to-back weekends seems
like a lot.  Especially with a full week of work (and traveling for four days)
in between, I found my energy lagging at several times during this weekend.  I
had a good start, but as my rate lagged, I physically and mentally lagged as
well.  On Saturday evening I got so tired that I took an unscheduled 30 minute
break.  Then when trying to figure out how long I could sleep, I miscalculated
and ended up sleeping 30 minutes too long.

Like many others I never found NWT (or, now, NT).  Since N5RZ is no longer in
West Texas I was afraid that WTX would be rare also, but I think there were
several people on.  In two weeks I will be doing a multi from my station with
K5FD and KE5OG, so I hope WTX will be even easier to find then!