[3830] SS SSB K4XU Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 16 22:12:19 EST 2003

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K4XU
Operator(s): K4XU
Station: K4XU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OR

Club: CODXC

Comments:

Wow, this half-time contest operating is different! Started at midnight Saturday
after the party ended. Operated 12 hours. Worked all the hard sections but
missed things like OK and SNJ. Ran across VY1MB calling CQ on 14270 at 0030
Sunday - with almost no takers. Almost felt sorry for him.
I could hold a frequency but it was tough calling CQ when the local line noise
level is S-7. My appologies to those who called and were ignored. That noise is
going to drive me to take up stamp collecting. I know where it is, pole number
and all, but the power company says there's nothing wrong.
Conditions sucked but I did better on 80m than I have in years. Probably because
that is where I started.
Oh well, any contest is better than none at all, right?
73, Dick