[3830] SS SSB K5KG SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 17 07:49:39 EST 2003

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K5KG
Operator(s): K5KG
Station: K5KG

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: WCF

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

SC, NT and AK proved to be the challenge.  K4WX and K4ATM/m finally broke the SC
log jam, and somehow I managed to pull VY1MB out of a muddy pileup. I never did
hear VY1JA or AL1G.  KL7J saved the daya for AK with a descent signal.  The
W6/7's definitely had the advantage on the VY1's and KL7's, making it difficult
to get through from the Southeast.  On the other hand, KP2/3/4 was like shooting
ducks on 10m.  At 2000z, I bagged 19 Q's in 10 minutes on 10m, including MAR, AZ
and a smattering of everything in between.