[3830] SS SSB VE5CPU Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Nov 19 14:23:52 EST 2003

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: VE5CPU
Operator(s): VE5CPU
Station: VE5CPU

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: SK

A less than stellar effort with too many distractions.  Conditons were fair to
poor for most of the contest.  A couple of good hours at 22/23Z and the rest of
the time had poor rates in the 25-30 Q/Hr rate.  Band kept running very long on
the high bands and the low bands were very noisy.  With only 1 or two bands open
at a time it was pretty crowded.  Seem harder than usual to run with lots of
empty CQ's.

Thanks to all that worked me!  Look forward to the next one, with a hope of
better conditions... although we are moving down the sun spot cycle and those
better conditions will be harder to find, hi...hi