[3830] CQWW CW WA1Z SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 30 16:18:18 EST 2003

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: WA1Z
Operator(s): WA1Z
Station: WA1Z

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: NH

  160:   15     5        5
   80:  159    14       56
   40:  249    19       79
   20:  258    25       83
   15:  311    27       87
   10:  215    20       74

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

That was fun!!!!  Personal best in any contest!

Luckily, with all wire antennas here, I didn't lose a single antenna in the wind
on Saturday.  I raise a temporary, 80 Meter dipole over the house during
contests and just bring the feed line in through a window.  As you can image,
the dipole and feedline were doing quite a dance on Saturday in that wind.  The
feedline was getting pulled so much it nearly yanked one of the antenna tuners
off the station desk!!!  ( I probably shouldn't be even admitting that!)

Also fell asleep Sunday morning for about 40 minutes while on 80 with the
automatic CQ feature turned on ....probably shouldn't admit that either! So, any
rumor that WA1Z is deaf on 80 is wrong - he's just dumb... hi.

73,
Bob WA1Z