[3830] CQWW CW ZF2NT SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 30 17:31:32 EST 2003

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: ZF2NT
Operator(s): ZF2NT
Station: ZF2NT

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: LYB

  160:  131     8       15
   80:  615    20       62
   40:  902    29       83
   20: 1162    33       89
   15: 1331    29       85
   10: 1247    29       80

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This operation was more like "handicapped" than "assisted".  I now have a
stand-by laptop computer, so I thought I could use it to dial into the internet
and check DX Summit every now and then.  (Connect time is expensive here, so
there is no thought of leaving it connected.)  This whole concept turned out to
be a bust.  On almost every band, the RFI was so bad that it scrambled the
laptop badly enough that it had to be rebooted after I transmitted.  That meant
I could dial into the internet, wait for DX Summit to download (a wait that was
sometimes on the order of 15 minutes), then write down a couple of spots and log
off.  Invariably, "recent" spots indicated a hopeless zoo and non-"recent" spots
were meaningless.  I spent a lot of operating time fiddling with the computer
and perhaps got half a dozen extra mults for all the wasted effort.  So much for
that idea.  I never liked the idea of cluster connections anyway.  The only good
thing I can say about it is that it kept me from being in the same category as
N5TJ, P40E, and D4B!