[3830] CQWW CW NS3T SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 30 19:18:39 EST 2003

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: NS3T
Operator(s): NS3T
Station: NS3T

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: MD

  160:    2     2        2
   80:   30     8       16
   40:  150    20       66
   20:  165    23       74
   15:  221    19       76
   10:  207    24       77

What a blast.  After a very hectic month of work and family, I tried to carve
out as much of this weekend as possible, and it was well worth it.

It was my first contest running SO2R, as K5TR and W1WEF hooked me up with a
special connector so I could add my ole Kenwood TS-530S to my Writelog setup.  I
had planned to CQ a lot more, but I must have had some RF problems which
prevented me from using lengthy strings of F-messages...so I stuck almost
entirely with S&P....sort of SO2R/S&P.

I had hoped to get things together on 80 & 40 with a new dipole, but my tree
creation just wouldn't tune up - a big disappointment....  Instead, the low
bands were entirely with my vertical, which I just haven't had time to set up
properly at my new QTH.

The high bands were productive for me - thanks to some new end fed dipoles that
I bought from W4OP & Par Electronics.  They were mentioned a few months ago in
CQ magazine and performed very well in a vertical set-up...and probably would
have done even better if I had hoisted them up higher.

It was the first time I had worked DXCC on a contest weekend since I did it in
college at W4DFU in the 1984 IARU.

Thanks to everyone for all the contacts!

Jamie NS3T