[3830] TxQP W5DXS(K5LH) SO CW LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Oct 1 20:06:27 EDT 2003

                    Texas QSO Party

Call: W5DXS
Operator(s): K5LH
Station: K5LH

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: MLEN (TX)

  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:  417     0       0  Mults = 145  Total Score = 188,895

Club: Heart Of Texas DX Society

Comments:

Score includes 7,500 bonus points.  What a difference a year makes!  Last year
could barely hear fellow TX stations on 40 meters, let alone on 20; this year
collected almost 100 counties.  Last year worked dozens of DX countries; this
year merely 7 with 100 watts and wire dipoles.  My hat is off to all the mobiles
who covered every part of the state with wonderful energy, efficiency and
courtesy (my top 5 county-suppliers were KS5V, W3DYA, K5CWR, K5WAF and K5OT).
The only major irritant was the RTTY traffic on Saturday night spilling all over
the place and drowning out most CW sigs on 40 meters. Still, this party was
great fun and worth improving upon next year.