[3830] CaQP N6WG Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 6 12:06:54 EDT 2003

                    California QSO Party

Call: N6WG
Operator(s): N6WG
Station: N6WG

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Newark CA

  160:    1     0
   80:   33     0
   40:   66     0
   20:   59     0
   15:   72     0
   10:   18     0
--------------------
Total:  249     0  Mults = 47  Total Score = 35,109

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

My first CQP, and what a blast.  I lost a few hours up front from
misconverting from GMT to PDST.  This was my first CQP, so I didn't set my
sights too high.  I thought 10K points would be a pretty good showing for a
first time QRP effort.  Wound up with a score way beyond my wildest imagining.

With help,  I finally got TR Log cooking before the start.  Still have a few
issues, but nothing serious, just fine tuning.

My new KRC2 band decoder worked well with my K2, so I had no problem jumping
between bands to find the activity.  The antenna setup is just some short
non-resonant wire dipoles, no big aluminum overcast here.  I did manage QSOs on
all HF bands, though, just to make the log complete :-)

Next year I'll set my goal at 50K points and maybe 350-400 QSOs.  I'll need
more mults to get there though.

 See you in Sweepstakes.
 73, Bob N6WG