[3830] CaQP W6YX M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Oct 7 22:18:16 EDT 2003

                    California QSO Party

Call: W6YX
Operator(s): K6UFO, KG6D, KT6YL, N7MH, W1MVY, W6RQ
Station: W6YX

Class: M/S HP
QTH: CA

  160:    0       0
   80:  163     123
   40:  252     144
   20:  157     324
   15:  118     404
   10:  131     482
    6:    0       0
    2:    0       0
--------------------

Our Stanford University club group started with fewer committed operators than
last year for a Multi-Single operation, so we were only expecting a relaxed,
low-key operation. However, excellent band conditions, high levels of activity
and some great performances by our operators led to a clean sweep of 58 mults,
over 300K points, and making over 90 percent of last years score! In particular,
Mike N7MH stayed up all night to make some great 80m and 40m numbers. We still
had some problems confusing the AR and AK mults, so we made sure to work plenty
of each, just in case. We had to resist just working the European DX on Sunday
morning, and put our effort into the weaker California, Nevada and close-in
stations. Our "high" antennas are at 75 feet, and we have a second lower antenna
on most bands, so we were pretty well equipped for covering the US and VE. No
problems with the Yaesu transceivers, Alpha and Acom amplifiers, and Writelog
software. Thanks for all the contacts!