[3830] CQWW SSB N0FP SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 26 18:14:27 EST 2003

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N0FP
Operator(s): N0FP
Station: N0FP

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: MN

  160:    4     4        2
   80:   13     7        7
   40:   19     9       11
   20:  173    18       71
   15:  192    17       70
   10:  166    19       53

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

I had no idea there were so many SA stations that contest.  Argentina and Brazil
are just about every other entry in the log!

The bands were in better shape than I anticipated.  The NA/SA QSO party would be
a better name for CQWW this year.  There was no hint of Oceania or Asia until
the last 1/2 hour of the contest.  Working mults right up to the last minute was
fun.

Sunday afternoon, I thought it was all over for the weekend.  The blackout
devistated the bands for a couple of hours, which gave me time to do some
necessary chores (like a nap).

I was hoping the lowbands were going to be better.  The QRM from 'first tier'
stations made working 40M pretty tough.  The DX would book 15-20 east coast and
south coast stations for every midwest.  Very frustrating to spend that much
time on what should be easy mults.

I managed to work a JA on 15M but could only hear them on 10M.  The joys of LP
contesting I guess.

Great fun.