[3830] CQWW SSB N8II SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 27 16:55:54 EST 2003

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    4     4        3
   80:   17     6        7
   40:   65    13       43
   20:  272    22       90
   15:  340    28       95
   10:  709    27      104

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I'd have to say this one was far from the most enjoyable test; probably in
 large part due to starting tired and staying that way most of test; I just
 couldn't push it for a full effort. Although condtions were far from
horrible,
 openings to Asia were weak and short and a flare Sunday around 1745Z wiped
out
 20M and below and made 15 and 10M almost worthless for over an hour. I found
 condtions and activity on 75 and 160 the worst I have ever encountered in the
 WW. On the flip side, 10M was open to a good portion of Eu (excluding North
Eu
 and Russia) Saturday and all of Eu on Sunday for about 4-1/2 good hours each
 day. I was able to run quite a few without QRM problems most of the time;
 about 50-60% of my 10M total Q's were Eu run. The first JA worked was not
 until 0130Z Sunday on 15M courtesy of sporadic E linkage to F2. My only 20M
JA
 was around 22Z and first 10M JA around 2250Z. JE6ZIH was far louder than any
 other 10M JA. I was called by 5I3A, MU0FAL, and S9SS during my 10M runs.  The
 poor conditions Saturday afternoon gave me plenty of time to "work out" most
of
 the stations to the South; activity from Cuba was amazing, about 15 dfferent
calls worked! Almost all Q's were S&P below 10M. 15M was unbelievably crowded,
especially around 15Z Sunday. I didn't expect to run up 1400 Q's; there's no
meters like ten meters!