[3830] CQWW SSB IO4T M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Oct 28 13:59:35 EST 2003

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: IO4T
Operator(s): IK4VET, IK4XCL, IZ4EFN, IZ4DIJ, IK4ZHH, IK4HLQ, I4YNO, IK4RQJ, IW4EJJ, IZ4MAX
Station: IO4T

Class: M/S HP
QTH: MODENA

  160:  130     5       44
   80:  532    10       61
   40:  202    19       81
   20:  812    30      108
   15: 1055    31      105
   10:  804    32      124

Great contest, great fun as always.
Too quick setup and PC problem don't let us use fully our plan of action.
We use some more wire antenna and a new 80m antenna we call "biscia".
To add to our setup a rx antenna system for low bands and a better 40m runner
antenna. (someone tell us is a lack of power...)

We were surprised on 10-15m good conditions and bad on 20.
Try to run on 40 was frustrating, we worked mainly S/P.
Good number of 80m (mainly EU) QSOs has been made thanks to our "biscia" but we
still need to learn how to work on this band cause we've lost a lot of mults.
We found less mults than was in 2002, mainly on high bands.

1. TS950/TL922/KLM KT34A, 40m sloper to US and JA, 80m/160m vertical 16meter
hight, 160 dipole

2. TS850/TL922/10-40 vertical, CB vertical at 10m, 20m deltaloop , 40+80m dipole

Software CT with serial networking (-> never more, next time we network on
WIN2K)

If someone tried to contact us on 80m but received no answer please contact me,
we would like to go more deep in this matter.

any comment to ik4vet at amsat.org

I thank you all our crew members for funny week end

73s
Andy
IK4VET