[3830] CQWW SSB VY2ZM(K1ZM) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Oct 29 14:29:01 EST 2003

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VY2ZM
Operator(s): K1ZM
Station: VY2ZM

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: PEI/Canada

  160:   92    10       31
   80:  479    18       76
   40:  428    22       75
   20: 1180    29      105
   15: 2211    29      114
   10: 1364    22      101

Many thanks to all those who called.  It was nice to see so many old friends
again on all the bands.  Biggest thrill was nearly working A61AJ on all  (6)
bands - we missed on 160M by a whisker (I heard him calling but sigs were too
weak for a QSO!)

Condx on the higher bands were much better than had been expected.

The biggest disappointment for me was nearly making numerous QSO's on 160M that
just didn't happen.  At least 10 multipliers had portions of my call  VY??
ZM??   VYZM????   LY2ZM????  And then never put it all together.

On Friday night, it seemed even the Caribbean stations could not hear EACH OTHER
on Topband and condx to Europe were all but impossible from NA (I managed 4
QSO's into Europe on Friday night).....   Saturday night was much better on the
lowbands.  A61AJ was about S9+ 30 DB around 0115z on 3799.5.  Even 160M was a
bit better with some of the more Westerly Europeans being able to copy us in NA
right at their sunrise.

10M was a nice surprise - better for me on Saturday than on Sunday however.

Hope to see everyone again for WW CW where I will be pouring coffee for Andy,
N2NT, who will be seeing what life is like on the lowbands from the Maritimes.

73 JEFF
K1ZM/VY2ZM