[3830] CQWW SSB K5NA M/M HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Oct 31 13:57:41 EST 2003

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K5NA
Operator(s): K5NA,K5DU,KI5DR,K2UR,K6NR,W5MF,KC5YKX,N5GM,WM5R,K5PI,W5JEN
Station: K5NA

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Austin, TX
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:  142    11       25
   80:  195    19       48
   40:  305    30      106
   20:  815    34      124
   15: 1315    34      128
   10: 1233    34      130

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

This was our first attempt to ever try M/M from Texas and we had, mostly, a
younger crew that was inexperienced at M/M. But we were all learning the tricks
of the M/M category and gained some valuable knowledge for the next effort.

Murphy struck us slightly with serious WriteLog networking problems before the
start. We had to isolate the 40M station because the XP computer on 40M didn't
want to talk with any of the other stations.

Then the amplifier for 10M smoked at the start leaving me to scurry on a 60 mile
round-trip to borrow a replacement. Things went smoothly then until Sunday when
a thunderstorm shut us completely down for 45 minutes. And finally, the 160M
transceiver went to the RF Gods late Sunday afternoon.

But we all had a great time. Conditions exceeded all predictions here.

73, Richard - K5NA