[3830] NA Sprint CW W1NN LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 7 05:31:12 EDT 2003

                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: W1NN
Operator(s): W1NN
Station: W1NN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: pa

---------------------

Team:

Comments:

Wow, what great conditions.  Ideal for this QTH - low noise and short skip on
all bands.
I'm usually out of town for both CW sprints so I have not been able to operate
very many for the last 5-6 years.  With my peanut whistle station (TS-930 + low
G5RV) set up in a corner of my kitchen, I had rather low expectations but the
good condx allowed me to do a lot better than I expected. I got beat out in the
pileups about 75% of the time but still managed to get through quite often, and
even had some replies to my CQs.  The combination of having an "H" in my name,
being in a QTH different from my call sign, and having a weak sig meant a lot of
repeats.  Can't believe that three CA stations (W6UE, K2KW and W6EEN) could hear
me on 80 - you guys must have really good ears.
Another surprise was the large number of available mults.  Many more compared
with years ago.  Mults heard and not worked:  AZ, VY1 and KL7.  Never heard MD,
WV or AR.
Thanks to participants and sponsors for all the fun.
73, Hal W1NN