[3830] NA Sprint CW K5GA(@N1LN) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 7 20:56:53 EDT 2003

                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: K5GA
Operator(s): K5GA
Station: N1LN

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Tx

---------------------

Team: Not Bad for a 5 #2

Comments:

My second consecutive Sprint after being absent for several years. I'm getting
hooked again ! What fun this contest is even though I get my butt kicked.

Still S01R from my host's station, N1LN. Only two band changes, and this is
after telling myself I need to return to 20 after the initial 40 run, and return
to 40 after the initial 80 run. I'm getting lazy in my old age, and I didn't do
it. I'm sure I would have picked up more multipliers had I put out the effort to
flip two swithces and re-tune the amp. Oh well....

Bruce and I declared to work together and get the station updated to SO2R in
time for February. It will definitely help in the multiplier hunt, and I figure
a few more Qs as well.

Bruce is also 1/2 finished with his second tower which will have an identical
stack as the first tower. This is going to really help as well, and will
complete what already is a superbly engineered station.

The beverages on 80 are unbelievable. I could hear the perverbial pin drop. The
inverted-L and elevated radials works great as I was able to work almost
everyone first call with people calling me to complete the couplet.

Thanks to Bruce and Laurie for allowing me to once again invade their home.