[3830] NA Sprint CW XF1K(XE1NTT) LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Sep 9 15:13:48 EDT 2003

                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: XF1K
Operator(s): XE1NTT
Station: XF1K

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MEXICO

---------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Thanks to XE2K and N6VR for inviting me to participate in their IOTA operation
and allow me to operate the Sprint.  We had a good time on our island off the
coast of Ensenada in Baja California.

I was using an A3 on a 20' mast and a dual band inverted vee at about 35', both
on a bluff overlooking the water to the east.  Ray's TS-440 was the rig and I
used Trlog.
My signal was pretty good on 20 judging by my success in getting QSOs.  And on
40 I felt pretty loud until around 0230 when things began to slow down.  Rather
than "think" loud and cope I avoided going to 80, which was probably a mistake
as I did better than I expected.
The mults came pretty easily, though I did miss a couple that I heard.  But what
were the ones I never heard?  54 mults is amazing.  Congrats Bill and others who
rounded up that many.
The operating position was a portable roll up table that Ray has, quite a handy
item, all positioned under an open sided tent of Hector's.  All we needed to add
was a tarp to keep the sun off our backs and allow us to view the laptop
screens.
Another fun Sprint.  Another over 400 result.  Wow!

Thanks for the QSOs and my apologies to the 2 or 3 guys who's QSO I could not
complete.  My score reflects two dupes that are still in the QSOs box numbers.
I hope my score holds up for a top ten finish.
73, David