[3830] ARRL Sep VHF K8CC Limited Multi-Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 14 21:44:25 EDT 2003

                    ARRL September VHF QSO Party

Call: K8CC
Operator(s): K8CC, K9TM, N5TU
Station: K8CC

Class: Limited Multi-Op HP
QTH: EN82

  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  613   182  Total Score = 140,686

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Equipment:

50   IC756, 8877, 7L @ 95', 5L @ 40' west, Stacked Omni Loops,
144  IC746Pro, 8877, 2M18XXX @ 90', 4L N, 4L SE, 4L SW all @ 75'
222  IC756/DEMI, AM-6155, 16L K1FO @ 70'
432  FT847, 8874, Boomer @ 80'

Well, another fine weekend of discovering how much can be worked with no
enhanced propagation.  Our best DX on 50 MHz was W6OAL in CO, everything else
was scatter, extended groundwave or whatever.

We kept seeing VP5/K7BV being spotted on 50.106 all weekend, but since we have a
CATV birdie at that QRG, we never got a chance to see if he could be heard.  Not
likely though - we got no further south than TN/NC this time.

Most of the gear worked pretty well.  We still have work to do on the 2M 8877
amp, plus the rotator under the big 2M beam froze late Sunday afternoon.  Still,
we seemed to get out real well on 222 MHz this time.  432 Saturday night was
poor - stations who should have been workable were in the noise.

Sunday is a long ordeal when there is not much propagation or activity.  And we
think Sunday afternoon in SS is tough :-)

73,

The K8CC Crew

Dave/K8CC
Tim/K9TM