[3830] NA Sprint SSB KA9FOX HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 14 23:34:43 EDT 2003

                    NA Sprint SSB Contest

Call: KA9FOX
Operator(s): KA9FOX
Station: KA9FOX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 4:00

   80:   90    1:16
   40:   92    1:15
   20:  108    1:29
---------------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team: Dead Lizards Cant Talk

Comments:

I missed this one last year due to my appendix rupturing (yeah, I know, weak
excuse).  Now I'm wondering which hurt more, the appendix rupturing or suffering
through this contest.  Seemed like activity was down, I got beat out a lot more
than normal, had way too many unanswered CQs, 20 meter conditions were just
downright funky, WAE confusion and QRM, and just never seemed to keep any sort
of rhythm going. There were times that I wish I had SO2R going, where normally I
never feel like I'd have time for the second rig.

That said, I am overall pleased with the outcome, especially considering the
simple set-up I have here at home (single tower, one beam, one wire).  This will
probably be my last serious contest effort from this station.  We are building a
new house and won't have a tower up at the new QTH until Spring.

Sprints still rule!  Family friendly, (usually) never a dull moment.  See you in
February... (if I can find a station to operate from!)

73 - Scott KA9FOX
ka9fox at qth.com
http://www.ka9fox.com