[3830] CQ/RJ WW RTTY K7ZO SOSB/15 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 28 19:40:05 EDT 2003

                    CQ/RJ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: K7ZO
Operator(s): K7ZO
Station: K7ZO

Class: SOSB/15 HP
QTH: Idaho

   15:  178  474      17      39    14
Total:  178  474      17      39    14  Total Score = 33,180

Could only squeeze in 4 hours or so among chores. 15M seemed in great shape on
Saturday. Hope it repeats for CQWW SSB. Sunday was maybe not as good but I was
not on during prime time. Was able to get runs going into Europe both days --
always fun for me from the west coast and with a minimal station. During the JA
run on Saturday night the rate meter hit 100 -- something you don't see in RTTY
contests very often. Using a home brew 4 ele OWA 15M beam with all parts but the
balun purchased at Home Depot at about 20', FT1000MP, Quadra amp, and Writelog.