[3830] CQ/RJ WW RTTY DL6FBL M/M HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 29 02:15:54 EDT 2003

                    CQ/RJ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: DL6FBL
Operator(s): DL6FBL, DJ9MH, DK1MM, DL4NER
Station: DL6FBL

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Fulda

   80:  378   728        5      57    12
   40:  471  1152       43      70    23
   20:  607  1512       46      82    30
   15:  469  1273       50      78    33
   10:  288   799       47      50    21
Total: 2213  5464      191     337   119  Total Score = 3,535,208

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

40m: Yaesu FT-1000MP + PA + 2-el Quad @ 24m
20m: Yaesu FT-1000MP + PA + 3-el Quad @ 24m + 3-el Quad @ 18m
15m: Kenwood TS-850S + PA + 3-el Quad @ 24m + 3-el Quad @ 18m
10m: Kenwood TS-850S + PA + 3-el Quad @ 24m
80m: Shared station with 10m. Ant: Titanex Vertical + K9AY Loop

Four networked IBM Thinkpad notebooks (Windows XP Prof.) + Writelog v10.42 +
MMTTY 1.65 Plugin; Packet over TELNET (tnx PI4CC).

This was the first RTTY contest for most of the team. Only DL6FBL had operated a
few hours in SCC RTTY contest last month. We had to learn many things, and had
some software problems. Especially since using CW filters in LSB mode required
"low tones" and working with the RIT. The transmit and receive frequencies were
never "transceive", and very often MMTTY switched back to 2125 Hz mark instead
of staying at "low tones". Stations calling in could not be decoded before the
software settings were corrected. Sorry for us being lids... ;-) I'm sure there
is a setting inside the radio to provide easy RTTY operating, but we simply
didn't find it.

We wished we had one or two more operators. Only DJ9MH was there all the time,
DK1MM had to leave Sunday afternoon, DL4NER operated the first 9 and last 3
hours, DL6FBL only operated the night shifts. So we could not man all stations
all the time. Especially during dusk and dawn, one operator had to control two
stations simultanously, but this worked quite nicely.

Hopefully the propagation will be as fine during CQ WW SSB next month!

73 Ben
DL6FBL
http://www.dl6fbl.de