[3830] CQ/RJ WW RTTY N0KE(@W0TM) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 29 07:34:03 EDT 2003

                    CQ/RJ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: N0KE
Operator(s): N0KE
Station: W0TM

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Colorado

   80:   73    91       36       6     7
   40:  192   342       43      34    19
   20:  227   463       42      48    25
   15:  381   932       33      64    24
   10:  134   339       21      51    19
Total: 1007  2167      120     138    94  Total Score = 1,021,128

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

It was hard to concentrate on operating as the view out the shack window at the
W0TM QTH at 8600 ft ASL on Bellyache ridge, 15 miles west of Vail Colorado, was
outstanding with the Aspens if full fall colors. I had a doe and her twins
grazing in the yard and the doe had her nose almost on the glass looking at me
operating 6 feet away. I also saw several different hawks riding the updrafts
and saw a bald eagle and on the way down the hill a couple of elk casually
wandered in front of my car. It was nice to see 10m show some life Sunday after
being pretty slow Saturday. A decent opening to Europe (for this point in the
cycle) and somewhat to JA. It was nice to have VR2BG answer a CQ on 80! 40 was
much better the 2nd night into Europe. My 2nd full RTTY contest as single OP.
Thanks to Gary Yantis, W0TM for the use of the station. 73 Phil N0KE