[3830] WPX SSB ZL6QH M/M HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Apr 3 15:25:37 EST 2004

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: ZL6QH
Operator(s): ZL1CT, ZL2AMI, ZL2III
Station: ZL6QH

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Wellington, NZ

   20: 1382
   15: 1025
   10: 1314

A modest Multi-multi effort from Quartz Hill – as it turned out, conditions were
very favourable, and we could have made a lot higher score if more operators had
been available.

Conditions on 15m and 10m were excellent - on 15m there was tremendous
backscatter at the start of the contest - with the amp. T/R time of about 15ms I
was hearing the 'Hotel' of ZL6QH every time I went back to receive. Great fun.
Some very loud signals on 80m, but with the good HF band conditions we
concentrated on the higher bands.  One problem on 80m was that loud stations had
the ‘repeat’ delay on their DVKs set to far too short a time – their receivers
would have barely had time to recover fully before the next CQ call started –
this may be OK on HF with strong signals, but on the LF bands it means that we
gave up calling them after 2 or 3 calls.

Let's hope we get the same good propagation for WPX CW – thanks to everyone who
worked ZL6QH in WPX SSB 2004.   Please visit www.zl6qh.com
-----
CQ WPX SSB 2004
ZL6QH   Multi-multi
Operators :  Franz ZL2III (ZL7II next week), Bob ZL2AMI, Chris ZL1CT
Band    QSOs   QSO points Prefixes Score:
160m     0          0          0
80m:    15         90          5
40m:    341      1917         74
20m:    1382     3994        296
15m:    1025     2955        382
10m:    1314     3858        286
Totals: 4077    12814       1043     13365002 pts
-----
73    Chris ZL1CT (GM3WOJ)