[3830] Avril W1END SOSB Unlimited

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Apr 4 05:15:57 EDT 2004

                    50th Annual Poisson d\'Avril Contest

Call: W1END
Operator(s): W1END,  MEDIUM
Station: W1END

Class: SOSB Unlimited
QTH: Up the Creek

      Ch3:    0
      UHF:    0
      10G:    0
    Light:    0
Telepathy:  417
----------------
    Total:  417  Mults = 0  Total Score = 0

Club:

Why K1DG beat me this year:

Round off the score to 0.000

Hope my log is not too late.  Had trouble with a #%$$@&* computer that
crashed about one hour before the end of the contest.  Had to rewrite a paper
log from memory.  I'm still transcribing it into the new computer.

Decided to work on a new mode this time.  Wanted to make a lot more QSOs for the
WAXL (worked all expired licenses) award so I concentrated on telepathic
contacts with silent keys.  My biggest problem was finding a valid multiplier.
Even without it I still beat last year's score.  Probably could have worked a
lot more of them but stopped often for some interesting rag chews.  That's
probably why I couldn't beat K1DG.  But watch out next year; I'm going to try
for the WAP (worked all pirates) award.  There's more of them.

Highlight of the contest was calling but not working 1AW.  He had a very weak
and watery signal.  Kind of eerie sounding.  But he just didn't hear me.  Maybe
it was a guest op at W1AW, I don't know.  Stayed off the other bands - they were
a madhouse.

I certify that I have adhered to some of the rules of the contest.

Thanks for the memories,

Eldon - W1END