[3830] ARRLDX SSB VE7FO SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Apr 6 23:58:55 EDT 2004

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE7FO
Operator(s): VE7FO
Station: VE7FO

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Vancouver

Total:  547   151  Total Score = 246,432

Club: British Columbia DX Club

Comments:

No JA or Eu on 10.  Did work a few S. Pac.  ZK1, FK8, VK, VK9

Heard an amazing number of VY2, VE9, VO, W1 stations that I never hear in SS or
WPX.

I now have a 30 ft high Inverted L on 160 with 23 radials ranging from 12 to 28
ft fanned out in a 90 deg quadrant.  Can't put out any more due to lot size
limitation.  I was hoping to be able to make a few Qs on it but never heard a
thing but S7-9 noise.

There was a JA/HI8 who seemed pretty deaf.  A W0 and I discussed the possibility
of both of us calling simultaneously using the same call in hopes of picking up
3 dB but didn't do it.

I was pretty excited on Sat night to realize I had more Qs than I got altogether
in last year's contest.  (Made about 150 kPoints)  However, last year I had a
contest newbie with me doing a M/S and also took off 6 hrs to go to a swap meet.
 The contest newbie, by the way, got totally hooked, got some HF gear, put up
some antennas and is now entering contests on his own.

Heard about 10 VE7s so the mult was pretty available.

Sorry, been too busy to write the usual detailed story.  Almost missed the log
submission deadline.

73 and thanks for the Qs

Jim	VE7FO